The contents of this website are growing…
To create a culture where locally produced and healthy foods are in demand and valued.
A coalition developing, connecting and building a local food environment that creates a sustainable food system to serve the needs of producers, suppliers and consumers.
Learn more about the work of this committee. Click here for flyer.
The January Food Policy Committee meeting is Thursday, March 15, 2018, 1:30pm – 2:30pm Downtown YMCA 2nd floor Board Room, 402 N Market St. Everyone is welcome to attend. Our committee is made up of a variety of stakeholders with a plethora of local resources.
There are three sub-committees that meet every other month. Here is a brief description of the sub-committees and the meeting times.
- Production of healthy foods: performing a comprehensive review of planning, licensing and zoning relating to the production and sales of produce and animals. Next meeting: April, 19 2:00pm – 3:00 pm Downtown YMCA 2nd floor conference room. For more information, contact Tammi Krier.
- Awareness of healthy foods: developing, cross-sharing and promoting events, programs, content, and policies that create a culture where locally produced and healthy food is in demand and valued. Next meeting: April, 19 1:00pm – 2:00 pm Downtown YMCA 2nd floor conference room. For more information, contact Becky Tuttle.
- Access to healthy foods: identifying policies and programs working to increase access to healthy foods where people live, learn, earn, play, and pray. Next meeting is April, 19 3:00pm – 4:00 pm Downtown YMCA 2nd floor conference room. For more information, contact Shelley Rich.
Frequently Asked Questions regarding local food policies.
- Food Safety for Kansas Farmers Market Vendors: Regulations and Best Practices
- Farmers’ Market Resources
Committee Stakeholder Resources
- Greater Wichita YMCA Nutrition programs
- K-State Research and Education Sedgwick County
- ICT Food Circle
- Health ICT
- Kansas Grown Farmers Market
- Old Town Farmers Market
- Ories Farm Fresh
- Wichita Area Sustainability Initiative
- American Heart Association
- Kansas Food Bank
- Farm Shop LLC
For more information, contact Tammi Krier, email@example.com