From locally grown vegetables to locally raised meats, you can still #ICTYourPlate in the winter months! Click here to learn more. This initiative is sponsored by the Health & Wellness Coalition and ICT Food Circle.
To create a culture where locally produced and healthy foods are in demand and valued.
A coalition developing, connecting and building a local food environment that creates a sustainable food system to serve the needs of producers, suppliers and consumers.
Learn more about the work of this committee. Click here for flyer.
Are you interested in selling your garden produce from your residence? Click here for more information from the City of Wichita.
To be added to the email distribution list for the Food Policy Committee, contact Tammi Krier .
There are three sub-committees that meet regularly. Here is a brief description of the sub-committees and the committee contacts.
- Production of healthy foods: performing a comprehensive review of planning, licensing and zoning relating to the production and sales of produce and animals. For more information, contact Tammi Krier.
- Awareness of healthy foods: developing, cross-sharing and promoting events, programs, content, and policies that create a culture where locally produced and healthy food is in demand and valued. For more information, contact Becky Tuttle.
- Access to healthy foods: identifying policies and programs working to increase access to healthy foods where people live, learn, earn, play, and pray. For more information, contact Shelley Rich.
Frequently Asked Questions regarding local food policies.
- Food Safety for Kansas Farmers Market Vendors: Regulations and Best Practices
- Farmers’ Market Resources
- Greater Wichita YMCA Nutrition programs
- ICT Food Circle
For more information, contact Tammi Krier, email@example.com