The contents of this website are growing…
To create a culture where locally produced and healthy foods are in demand and valued.
A coalition developing, connecting and building a local food environment that creates a sustainable food system to serve the needs of producers, suppliers and consumers.
The January Food Policy Committee meeting is Thursday, January 18, 2018, 1:30pm – 2:30pm Downtown YMCA 2nd floor Board Room, 402 N Market St. Everyone is welcome to attend. Our committee is made up of a variety of stakeholders with a plethora of local resources.
There are three sub-committees that meet every other month. Here is a brief description of the sub-committees and the meeting times.
- Production of healthy foods: performing a comprehensive review of planning, licensing and zoning relating to the production and sales of produce and animals. Next meeting: February, 15 1:00pm – 2:00 pm Downtown YMCA 2nd floor conference room. For more information, contact Tammi Krier.
- Awareness of healthy foods: developing, cross-sharing and promoting events, programs, content, and policies that create a culture where locally produced and healthy food is in demand and valued. Next meeting: February, 15 2:00pm – 3:00 pm Downtown YMCA 2nd floor conference room. For more information, contact Becky Tuttle.
- Access to healthy foods: identifying policies and programs working to increase access to healthy foods where people live, learn, earn, play, and pray. Next meeting is February, 15 3:00pm – 4:00 pm Downtown YMCA 2nd floor conference room. For more information, contact Shelley Rich.
Frequently Asked Questions regarding local food policies.
- Food Safety for Kansas Farmers Market Vendors: Regulations and Best Practices
- Farmers’ Market Resources
Committee Stakeholder Resources
- Greater Wichita YMCA Nutrition programs
- K-State Research and Education Sedgwick County
- ICT Food Circle
- Health ICT
- Kansas Grown Farmers Market
- Old Town Farmers Market
- Ories Farm Fresh
- Wichita Area Sustainability Initiative
- American Heart Association
- Kansas Food Bank
- Farm Shop LLC
For more information, contact Tammi Krier, firstname.lastname@example.org