Walk at Work Day
Walk at Work Day has been celebrated in Sedgwick County on the third Wednesday in May since 2006. This year the Health & Wellness Coalition of Wichita, along with multiple partner organizations, continues the tradition. On Wednesday, May 15th, encourage employees to boost their energy with a walk!
Click here for the 2019 flyer
Click here to register your worksite.
Registration benefits include:
- Learn more about the benefits of walking at work, including ideas to promote Walk at Work Day.
- Free technical assistance to measuring a walking path at your location.
- The Walk at Work trophy returns! For a little friendly competition, be sure to register your worksite here . Registered worksites will be able to submit walk numbers by May 20th to be eligible to win!
Ideas to promote walk at work day:
- Set up competitions between department in your worksite
- Men vs. Women – based on the percentage of men & women working at the worksite
- Competition by floors on multi-level buildings
- Does your office require front desk coverage? Consider setting up a front desk relay – one at a time, employees walk a set path and then relieve the front desk staff upon return.
- Consider allowing tennis shoe/jeans day
- Schedule a regular trash clean-up walk around your facility.
Continue to Walk at Work year round. Resources to help you succeed:
Joint Use Agreement between Botanica and Health ICT worksites
Click here to learn more and to register your worksite.
Bike Month is in May!
Each year in May, we celebrate bikes and the healthy lifestyle they promote. We recognize the benefits all over Wichita! For the 2019 calendar of events and more check out the Bike Month ICT Website and Facebook page.
Bike Wichita Because…
- Time with family & friends
- Relive childhood
- Refresh — feel the breeze
- Reduce stress
- Increased fitness
- Weight loss
- Heart benefits
- Reduced stress
- Save money
- Keep the air clean
- Reduce your carbon footprint
Walktober is a month-long, physical activity incentive offered for free in our community every October.
Click here for more information and to register.
Registered participants are receiving a weekly newsletter for added motivation.
- Week 1 – sent October 1st
- Week 2 – sent October 8th
- Week Three – sent October 15th
- Week 4 – sent October 22nd
- Week 5 – sent October 29th
Work Well, Live Well a resource guide for encouraging physical activity in the workplace.
League of American Bicyclist
National Bike Challenge
Commute by Bike
My Cycling Log
Alliance for Biking & Walking
Rails to Trail Conservancy
People for Bikes
The Building Blocks of a Bicycle Friendly Community
Bike Walk Wichita
Run Wichita Calendar
Wichita Bicycle Master Plan
Street Smarts: Rules & Guidance for Driving and Bicycling in Wichita