May is Bike Month!
Each year in May, we celebrate bikes and the healthy lifestyle they promote. We recognize the benefits all over Wichita! For the 2022 calendar of events and more check out the Bike Month ICT Website and Facebook page.
To help inspire you to get out and ride your bicycle this May, check off as many items as you can from this Basket List. Share your experiences on Bike Month’s Facebook page using #2022BasketList for a chance to win a $100 gift card to a local bike shop awarded on June 1st.
New for 2022!
Bike Wichita Because…
- Time with family & friends
- Relive childhood
- Refresh — feel the breeze
- Reduce stress
- Increased fitness
- Weight loss
- Heart benefits
- Reduced stress
- Save money
- Keep the air clean
- Reduce your carbon footprint
Plan now to enjoy each day of October’s pleasant temperatures with a friend, child, spouse, co-worker, neighbor or pet. You might get hooked! Forming a walking habit is comfortable with the partnership and accountability of friendship, family, neighbors, co-worker or dog. Walking-and-talking is relaxing for mental health and stimulating to body’s health. Bike Walk Wichita is hosting Walktober in 2021! Click here for more information.
Ideas to promote walking at work:
- Set up competitions between department in your worksite
- Men vs. Women – based on the percentage of men & women working at the worksite
- Competition by floors on multi-level buildings
- Does your office require front desk coverage? Consider setting up a front desk relay – one at a time, employees walk a set path and then relieve the front desk staff upon return.
- Consider allowing tennis shoe/jeans day
- Schedule a regular trash clean-up walk around your facility.