Walktober is a month-long, physical activity incentive offered for free in our community every October.
Work Well, Live Well a resource guide for encouraging physical activity in the workplace.
Walk at Work Day
Walk at Work Day has been celebrated in Sedgwick County on the third Wednesday in May since 2006. This year the Health & Wellness Coalition of Wichita, along with multiple partner organizations, continues the tradition. On Wednesday, May 17th, encourage employees to boost their energy with a walk!
Joint Use Agreement between Botanica and Health ICT worksites
Click here to learn more and to register your worksite.
Ideas to promote walk at work day:
- Set up competitions between department in your worksite
- Men vs. Women – based on the percentage of men & women working at the worksite
- Competition by floors on multi-level buildings
- Does your office require front desk coverage? Consider setting up a front desk relay – one at a time, employees walk a set path and then relieve the front desk staff upon return.
- Consider allowing tennis shoe/jeans day
- Schedule a regular trash clean-up walk around your facility.
Continue to Walk at Work year round. Resources to help you succeed:
New for 2017, the Health & Wellness Coalition is promoting several opportunities to encourage walking at work.
Walk at Work Series
Click here for the flyer. Plan now to lace up…Get Moving, and Get Healthy this spring.
Bike Month is in May!
Each year in May, we celebrate bikes and the healthy lifestyle they promote. We recognize the benefits all over Wichita! For the 2016 calendar of events and more check out the Bike Month Website.
Bike Wichita Because…
- Time with family & friends
- Relive childhood
- Refresh — feel the breeze
- Reduce stress
- Increased fitness
- Weight loss
- Heart benefits
- Reduced stress
- Save money
- Keep the air clean
- Reduce your carbon footprint
League of American Bicyclist
National Bike Challenge
Commute by Bike
My Cycling Log
Alliance for Biking & Walking
Rails to Trail Conservancy
People for Bikes
The Building Blocks of a Bicycle Friendly Community
Bike Walk Wichita
Run Wichita Calendar
Wichita Bicycle Master Plan
Street Smarts: Rules & Guidance for Driving and Bicycling in Wichita