We All Eat! Event
Thursday, March 30th, 2017
Sedgwick County Extension Office
Click here for information on hosting an educational booth at the event and a fillable form to send to the planning committee.
Click here to join the Facebook event.
This first annual, free community event is designed to empower individuals to make healthy eating a doable part of their lives through education, hands-on application, access, and support.
This event will also serve as a healthy ‘foodraiser’ for the Kansas Food Bank with a suggested donation for attendees to bring a jar of peanut butter.
- 3:00 – 7:00 pm – 40+ educational booths in the exhibit hall
- 3:00 – 7:00 pm – Mock Grocery Store tours, led by a K-State Research and Extension Nutrition Assistant located in the Bison Room.
- 4:45 pm – Under Pressure? Let’s Make Sure It’s Dinner… Not You! Kansas’ kitchen crusader, Chef Alli, shares how electric pressure cooking can quickly put tasty grains, legumes, soups, stews meats, and casseroles on the table. Demonstration located in the Sunflower Room.
- 5:30 pm – Live, Learn, Earn, Play, Pray panel demonstration in the exhibit hall
- 6:15 pm – Open-Face Cooking: Cast Iron Skillet Meals that Rock the House! Join Chef Alli for a fun demonstration of how cast iron cookware and fresh, flavorful ingredients can come together in one-pan meals your family will love. Demonstration located in the Sunflower Room.
- Greater Wichita YMCA – why and how to get kids involved in the kitchen
- Greater Wichita YMCA – balance it out – fun games to balance what you eat with what you do
- Health & Wellness Coalition of Wichita – fruit infused water station and more
- Health & Wellness Coalition of Wichita Food Policy Council – make it happen your way – learn how to build a foundation for healthy choices
- Health ICT – Spot the Salt resources and Salt Bucks lunch & learn toolkit
- Kansas Food Bank
- K-State Research & Extension – mock grocery store tour located in the Bison Room given by Nutrition Assistants
- Whole Foods – shopping and preparing food from the bulk section of the supermarket
- American Heart Association – play a game to learn about salt and sugar intake
- ChildCare Aware of Kansas – children’s books related to health and nutrition
- Eat Real America – interactive and engaging cooking demonstrations and samples
- Child Start – Play with your food snacks that incorporate fruits and vegetables in fun and imaginative ways
- Central Plains Area Agency on Aging – healthy eating for senior citizens with diabetes
- 8 to Your Ideal Weight – take a sugar quiz and sample foods low in sugar
- Beautiful Day Cafe – backyard wild edible samples, krout pounding, hippoodsie porridge and more
- Bike Walk Wichita – displaying several methods of using bicycles to carry groceries and advocating for the use of bicycles as healthy transportation to run errands
- Children’s Mercy Hospital – interactive activity featuring fruits and vegetables
- – Chinese and Vietnamese healthy eating and food tastings
- Dillons – share opportunity to explore digital app, digital coupons, Clicklist, and Community Rewards
- Go! Healthy Kansas Vending – healthy vending snacks and blind taste tests
- Healthy Green Nutrition – nutritious and easy to make snacks
- Hunter Health Clinic – dining out and how to make healthier choices
- – “Chopped” theme education using food you have at home
- Kansas Wheat Commission – demonstrating how to make healthy, homemade tortillas and how to turn them into family friendly snacks
- Kansas Soybean Commission – Tips on incorporating soy into your diet with samples
- Kansas Grain Sorghum Commission – Food grade sorghum producers, popped sorghum and recipe cards
- Kid Power Programs – Kid Power Cares, Inc. presents educational entertainment helping to give families the power to FEEL GREAT about real food and fitness
- K-State Pollution Prevention Institute – food recovery hierarchy and tips to reduce food waste
- K-State Research & Extension – the Price is Right game to discuss meals prepared at home vs. frozen or eating out
- K-State Research & Extension – demonstrate healthy foods to donate to the Kansas Food Bank, cooking & nutrition classes for seniors
- K-State Research & Extension – healthy snack – veggie pizzas on crackers
- K-State Research & Extension – education from a nutrition assistant on portion sizes using a “Chicken Feed” snack
- – meal planning made easy and peanut butter and banana roll-ups
- Mental Health Association of South Central Kansas – emotional eating and eating disorders
- Midwest Dairy Council- decoding the dairy case
- Morning Harvest Farm – discuss the benefits of pasture-raised meat
- Orie’s Farm Fresh – Awareness of local, healthy foods available within our community
- Premier Food Service –
- Prairie Land Food – educational resources
- Profile by Sanford – food label reading, portion sizes, and general exercise tips
- Quality Care Services, Inc. – healthy snack made by children/parents, promote the family meal
- Sedgwick County Farm Bureau Agricultural Association – spin the wheel game to educate on GMO’s, antibiotics, and general agriculture questions
- Southwest Dairy Farmers – mobile dairy classroom educating on the health benefits of dairy
- Sunflower Health Plan – free health books
- – beekeeping equipment, empty bee hive, honeycomb and little known facts about these marvelous creatures
- – microsteamer and healthy meal options
- Wichita Area Breastfeeding Coalition – benefits of breastfeeding, bottled water and resources
- Wichita Dietetic Association – education by registered dieticians on label reading and portion control
- Wichita Dietetic Association – what is healthy eating?
- Wichita Dietetic Association – how to incorporate more vegetables into your meals, try turkey tacos
- Wichita Public Library – examples of healthy cookbooks and food documentaries available for free check-out, fun kids activity